Mr. Muhlisin from Argopuro (4-5 hours from Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia)
Why do we pick Muhlisin's coffee beans?
- The notes of honey, cedar and medium strong dark chocolate flavor is very nice and very Indonesian in its characteristics.
- We particulary also enjoyed working with Muhlisin since he is hard-working & has growth mindset.
Why Muhlisin choose coffee not other plant options?
- Because they are situated at 1200-1400 meters above sea level in height, and they are reluctant to switch to other plants because they like coffee and planting coffee.
- Muhlisin's great-great grandparents have also been planting coffee cherries since the 1700s during the Dutch colonial era
Why Muhlisin sell to Goodwill?
- The direct-trade system benefit Mr. Muhlisin. Particularly, we are also buying at a price that they are offering without too much bargaining
What are the number of Muhlisin's community members impacted by our purchase?
- A minimum of 20-40 people in the region where the coffee is grown. Children, housewives, and friends + family + coffee community members + cooperatives come together to make this coffee happen.
Try his coffee here PRODUCT LINK